Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Round Three!

So.....my third book, THE HEARTLESS CITY is in front of editors!!!

Currently, I'm writing my fourth book - which is a spin-off/sequal to THE HEARTLESS CITY tentatively titled THE HYPNOTIC CITY, but I always think of it as The Philomena book, as that is my protagonist's name (I do that with all of my books actually. Do other people do that?)


So let's hope the third time is the charm. :)


Henry Jekyll was a brilliant man, a passionate idealist who aimed to free mankind of selfishness and vice. But in THE HEARTLESS CITY, he's remembered as the doctor who carelessly created a race of monsters. 

Once shared secretly among the good doctor's inner circle, the Hyde drug was smuggled into mass-production - but in pill form, it corrupted its users at the genetic level, leaving them liable to transform without warning. A quarter of the population are now clandestine killers – ticking bombs that could detonate at any given moment. 

It's 1903, and London has been quarantined for twelve years.

Son of the city's most prominent physician and cure-seeker, Elliot Morrissey has had his own devastating brush with science, downing a potion meant to remove his human weaknesses and strengthen him against the Hydes - and finding instead he's become an empath, leveled by the emotions of a dying city.

He finds an unlikely ally in Iris Faye, a waitress at one of the city's rowdier music halls, whose emotions nearly blind him; her fearlessness is a beacon in a city rife with terror. Iris, however, is more than what she seems, and reveals a mission to bring down the establishment that has crippled the people of London.

Together, they aim to discover who's really pulling the strings in Jekyll's wake, and why citizens are waking up in the street infected, with no memory of ever having taken the Hyde drug... Heart-eating monsters, it turns out, are not the greatest evil they must face.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds fascinating! I will definitely watch for it to be out. :) I love to find new authors. Good luck on your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be out in 2015 - I need to update my blog!

      Delete